Integrity is fundamental to our organization and is a core part of our pledge to clients. We hire professionals who are motivated to work hard and learn from peers. Our team is comprised of individuals who are fair and respectful, and employees are empowered to contribute views and opinions. Integrity guides employees when confronted by the unexpected for which no rules exist.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The potential for profit is accompanied by the risk of loss.
Founded by Kenneth G. Tropin and commenced trading with $30 million of proprietary capital in GCM’s flagship quantitative program.
GCM began recruiting discretionary portfolio managers in 1998 to diversify the firm’s trading strategies.
Launched Proprietary Matrix, a portfolio which provides broad exposure to GCM’s quantitative and discretionary trading strategies.
Surpassed $1 billion in total assets under management.
• Bob Murray joined the firm. Bob is currently Vice Chairman and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk, Compliance and Cybersecurity Awareness Committees.
• GCM's K4D trading strategy posts strong results during the 2001-2002 equity bear market as well as in the 2003 recovery period.
• Brian Douglas joined the firm. Brian is currently Chief Operating Officer and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk, Compliance and Cybersecurity Awareness Committees.
• Relocated the firm’s headquarters from Stamford, Connecticut to its current facility in Rowayton, Connecticut.
• Launched first multi-portfolio manager discretionary fund, now known as the Discretionary Portfolio.
• Surpassed $5 Billion in total assets under management.
Commenced trading the Tactical Trend strategy within GCM's multi-model quantitative strategies prior to launching as a standalone fund in 2013.
GCM's Risk Committee, comrpised of a cross-section of management expertise across the firm, established daily meetings due to concerns leading up to the Global Financial Crisis. The Risk Committee continues to meet daily to review position-level performance, exposures and related risks within the context of prevailing market conditions.
Despite financial crisis, GCM's strategies generated strong results during this difficult period and the firm continued to provide liquidity to investors.
James Medeiros joined the firm. James is currently CEO and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk and Compliance Committees.
Pablo Caldernini joined the firm. Pablo is currently President and CIO and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk and Compliance Committees.
• Edward Tricker joined the firm. Edward is currently CIO of Quantitative Strategies and a mbmer of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk and Compliance Committees.
• Formed Graham Capital LLP, GCM's U.K. based affiliate, which is authorized and regulated by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) as a Registered Investment Advisor.
• Kelly Tropin joined the firm. Kelly is currently Chief Economist and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment and Risk Committees.
• Commenced trading the Graham Quant Macro strategy, which is a directional, long and short strategy that utilizes fundamental and price-based indicators to establish return forecasts across global interest rates, foreign exchange, stock indices and commodities.
Surpassed $10 billion in total assets under management.
Created the Employee Advisory Committee to focus on the firm's culture and employee experience, with the objective of recruiting and retaining the most talented professionals in the alternative investment industry.
Created Women's Network of Graham, which seeks to drive members to make meaningful contributions to the firm, industry and community by inspiring the confidence to participate, challenge, and evolve.
• The firm celebrates its 25th anniversary of trading.
• $15B in Firm AUM as of September 2019.